Had some time to spend on the XR project this weekend so I made an attempt to mount the wheels. The rear was the one that was giving me the most trouble. The XR has a very narrow swing arm so fitting the wheel with the cush drive was a little tricky. By using the wheel from one bike and cush drive from another, I think I can get in there. I did have to machine the sprocket surface back about .250 and then machine the lip for the bearing seal back the same amount. I do need to swap the bearings to know for sure though.
The front however is pretty much ready to go. Since the forks and wheel are from different bikes, the spacers, IBS and bearings in the wheel had to changed up a little but I think It's good now. Still have to make a bracket for the brake caliper and do a steering stop though. Still have a lot of work to do but at least it's moving forward.