Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Another Non Chopper Post...

Saying goodbye to an old friend, my 2005 Suzuki DL1000 V-Strom.  I got this to keep at home so I didn't have to drive back to the shop when I wanted to ride. Some people say it's the ugliest bike ever made. But, if you've ever ridden one, you quickly learn not to judge a book by it's cover. It looks kind of like a giant scooter but when you sit on it, it feels like a giant dirt bike. Then, when you fire it up you know it's neither of those. It's powered by a 996cc TL 1000 style motor tuned to make it's power in the low to mid range, 105hp @9900rpm in a chassis with quasi off road suspension. It's like an FXDXT with roid-rage. It may be the best all around bike I've ever owned, and a lot of bang for the buck.  Anyway, someone made me an offer on it that I couldn't refuse so, I had to let it go.
 In it's place is one of the newer style Triumphs. We've had a few of them in the shop lately and I was really surprised how much I liked them. Definitely more bike than I ever thought they were, for sure. I'll post some pics of it later.           


No comments:

Post a Comment